Who all love summers? We bet most of us love summers because we don’t like to wear layers like that we are forced to wear in the winter. But, the scorching summer heat from the sun can be damaging for your skin and hair even if you are not roaming outdoors in the heat. You tend to have many skin problems and also sticky scalp during these hot summer months. There are many skin protection products available in the market, but there is a lack of heat protection for your scalp.
Are you tired of trying scalp protection products that are full of chemicals? If yes, then worry not; we have listed a few homemade scalp care products for you. So without further ado, let’s get into the article and learn about this homemade hair mask.
- The primary element of this fantastic hair mask for summers is peppermint; it works like magic for eliminating all your hair problems, including dandruff, odor, and scalp damage.
- Peppermint is a calming and refreshing leaf with multiple benefits, including hair, skin, and body.
- It is highly rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that will provide all the nourishment to your hair.
- Peppermint mask leaves your hair soft, nourished, and thick. And it strengthens your hair to beat the scorching summer heat.
What ingredients do you need to make a peppermint hair mask to protect your hair and scalp from the heat and sweat in the summer season?
- Few peppermint leaves
- A bowl of curd
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
These three basic ingredients are used to prepare a healthy and nourishing mask for your hair.
- Wash peppermint leaves appropriately so that no dirt is on them.
- Put the leaves in the blender along with a cup of curd to make a soft paste of it.
- Add a little amount of water to it to improve its consistency.
- However, make sure that the mask’s consistency is thick so that it doesn’t drip off your hair.
- Add 1tbsp of lemon juice to the paste and blend it again.
- Remove the paste from the jar, and apply it on your hair.
How to apply?
- The mask is very easy to apply on your scalp.
- You have to directly apply it on to the scalp and hair strands with your hands.
- Leave it on for approx 30 minutes.
- Wash the mask off your hair with a mild shampoo, and you are good to show off your locks even in the scorching summer heat.
- You can apply this mask twice or thrice in a month to get the best results.
- It eliminates the odor from the scalp, which tends to arise due to oily scalp.
- It reduces the occurrence of dandruff, as it nourishes your hair from the roots.
- The mask brings back the shine and smoothness of your hair.
- It also helps in improving the volume of your hair.