At times when running on deficient energy levels, exercising to boost relaxation seems like a joke. In the hectic lifestyle of today, exhaustion has become a constant. From sitting in long meetings to standing for presentations, our feet and legs suffer the most. At such times, one can only hope for a few ways to relax and let all the nervous tension out. At the same time, there is a definite chance that you will ridicule the idea of exercising after a long day; this one of many relaxing exercises will surely help you. So, before you lay on a couch to watch some Netflix, do this quickly and feel the fatigue leaving you!
What are the relaxing exercises?
Relaxing exercises are those few poses that require minimum energy from your part, and refresh you. The kind of relaxing exercise you can do after a long day standing is – putting your legs up the wall pose. To lose exhaustion with exercise is an easy way of restoring your energy and reducing tension.
Here are a few benefits of relaxing exercises:
- They do not require a lot of energy input from your side.
- You need to be very flexible to do these exercises.
- You can improve your digestive system with these.
- Get relaxed and sleep better.
- Release the tension from foot heels and swollen ankles.
- It can also relieve menstrual cramps.
- You can reduce stress and tension and hence get better productivity.
- Removes the heaviness of hips after continuously standing.
- Lose exhaustion with exercise can help to manage excessive nerve tension and venous drainage.
How to do a relaxing exercise?
Even though relaxing exercises are very easy to do, people find it difficult to understand how to do a relaxing exercise. So here is a to-do guide of how to lose exhaustion with exercise and how to banish fatigue from your daily life.
As said earlier, the legs up the wall exercise do not require any special skills. All you need to know is that exercises should mostly be done on an empty stomach. Hence, you can begin doing it on an empty stomach in the morning or the evening. While there is no specific warm-up needed to do the legs up the wall pose, calming yourself and leveling your heartbeat is the right way to start. If you find it challenging to get calm when tired, try a few minutes of meditation and in and out breathing cycles. A relaxed nervous system state allows your body to lose fatigue more quickly.
How to do legs up the wall pose, in a few easy steps:
- Move closer to a wall, and lie down. You can also do this on a bed.
- With your hips near to the wall, lift your legs vertically towards the ceiling.
- Once your legs are lifted and against the wall, try to lose muscle tension.
- Now release the tension from the whole body, maintain calm breathing cycles, and hold the pose for 20 minutes.
- Break the stance by bending your knees first and then moving away from the wall.
Note: Do not try this exercise if you are a patient of hernia, hypertension, glaucoma, or are pregnant. Everybody else, do make use of this how to do a relaxing exercise guide, and relax!