Heated gloves are one of the best things that a person can enjoy in the winter season as they help us keep our hands warm throughout the winter season. Microwave heated gloves come with several advantages. The microwave heated gloves do not need batteries to soothe aching and chapped hands. The best thing about these microwave heated gloves is that they can be microwaved again and again to warm them. These gloves come with small pockets that are activated in this microwave to produce heat when we wear them on our hands. You may come across many microwaveable gloves that are expensive and may not fit you properly. But it is surprising to know that there is a cost-effective and more customizable alternative that only requires simple hand-stitching and some creativity.
Here are the steps to make heated gloves using a microwave:
- Cut only four felt rectangles that are fitting right into the palm of your hand. These rectangles probably measure between 2 and 3 inches.
- Now stitch three sides of two rectangles together using your hands and make sure to leave one of the shorter sides open.
- You can repeat the same process with the other two rectangles.
- This step is about dividing the rectangles into thirds using a ruler, extending from the open side to the side that is stitched.
- Now you need to draw lines through the three sections using a pen and a ruler. Stitch the two lines for each rectangle using your hands.
- Through the first section of a rectangle, funnel rice until you reach the top. After this, hand sews the end of the first section. Repeat the same process with the next two sections and repeat the entire process with the second rectangle too.
- Turn these gloves inside out and place them side by side. After this, make the palm of the gloves that you created using a pen.
- Set the filled rectangle on the palm of a glove and sew the top left corner of the rectangle to the glove.
- Pass through six or seven stitches and knot the thread after sewing. Now attach the top right corner and the center bottom of the rectangle in the same manner.
- Now you need to turn the gloves right side out to hide the pillow side.
- Once the gloves are ready, it is time to heat them for approximately 30 seconds in the microwave.
- After 30 seconds, remove the gloves from the microwave and allow them to cool down for a few seconds.
- Now, place your hands inside the warm gloves so that the rice-filled rectangle lies flat on the palms of your hands.