A grease stain on your gorgeous leather purse could stop you from flaunting your leather purse in front of your friends. Leather is a high-quality material, and grease can leave an unsightly stain that looks like it cannot be removed from the purse. When you see a stain on your leather purse, some people might get tempted to get a rag and start scrubbing on the stains. But grease stains on the leather purse are required to be handled carefully so that it doesn’t spread any further, and to make sure that your purse doesn’t get damaged.
We’ll tell you four ways on how to remove grease stains from your purse.
How To Remove Grease Stains From Leather Purse
To remove stains from your leather purse, you will need talcum powder (or any other absorbent powder) and a lint-free soft cloth.
Steps to Remove Grease Stains from Leather Purse
- Put the cloth on the stained part and try to remove as much of the grease stains as possible.
- Now, use talcum powder( or any other absorbent powder, like wheat germ or cornstarch) to cover the stain.
- Let the used powder sit on the stain for at least 5 hours, or you can leave it overnight too. The talcum powder will draw the moisture and grease out of the leather purse.
- Now, in the morning, use a brush to clean the powder, and the grease stain from the leather purse will be gone completely.
Follow the above-given steps to get rid of stains from your leather purse. To help you clean your leather purse, here are some bonus tips for you.
Some bonus tips
- Similarly, like grain wood, leather has a textured line to it. If possible, you can try to apply any cleaning products following the texture line. If you’re not able to find the texture’s direction, you can work from the outside of the stain.
- If the leather material is not adequately protected, the grease will soak into the leather, and it will be impossible to eradicate it. Whenever you see a stain on any of your leather material, treat them as soon as possible, it will be your best shot for any chance of getting rid of the stain.
- If your leather purse or any other leather material is having a protective finish. A water-infused leather cleaner is enough to remove grease stains from your leather boots. All you have to do is follow the guidelines given on the cleaner.
- To get rid of severe or stubborn grease stain, you can use a leather degreaser. Follow the instructions given on the tag of leather degreaser, and it will most probably remove the grease stains from your leather purse.
- Once you clean the stain, apply a stain guard to the leather texture of the purse. It will make stain removal easy to do the task in the future.
Well, the above-defined tips are surely going to help you to remove stains from your precious leather purses. Avoid keeping your purse in dirty places and follow the steps defined above to remove any tough stains from your purses.