If you are into herbal teas, you must know that there is a wide variety of it. Do you also know that you can mix a variety of flowers and herbs to get the collective benefits of all? Yes, of course, you can! Kashmiri Kahwa is an example of the mixture of benefits of nuts, herbs, and species. It is rich in health benefits and is excellent in taste as well.
A new herb has recently added to the list of herbal teas, i.e., Nettle tea, which is extracted from stinging nettle leaves. It needs to be plucked carefully; otherwise, leaves can cause a lot of pain to the person who grabs it from the plant.
About nettle leaves
The scientific name of stinging nettle is Urtica dioica, which has a vast medical history. According to a study, nettle leaves were a part of the ancient medieval medicine mostly for treating or curing diseases like allergies, hay fever, or any other bone-related problem. In Europe, people used it to treat muscle and joint pain.
Presently, nettle leaves are present in the medications for insect bites, urinary tract infections, and muscle and joint pains. Not just for that but also for treating a few skin problems like acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
You can find nettle leaves in multiple forms like in ointments or creams, tinctures, tablets, or liquid extract. However, the most convenient way to consume it is in the form of tea. You can have nettle tea once or twice a day, as per your choice. Below is the list of the benefits of regular intake of nettle tea.
Reasons for adding nettle tea in your routine:
- Nettle tea helps in deep cleansing of your body.
- It helps in resolving the face water retention problems.
- Nettle tea alleviates puffiness of the eyes.
- It helps in boosting your metabolism and immunity.
- Nettle tea helps in balancing the extra sodium content from the body.
- It helps in relieving the problems of menstrual cramps and joint pains.
- Nettle tea helps in purifying the blood.
- Nettle has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it a perfect remedy for treating allergic reactions.
- Nettle tea helps in strengthening the body and treating us from any disease.
- Nettle tea also helps in flushing out all the toxins from your body and brings back your clear skin.
Now having understood the benefits of regular intake of nettle tea, you must also learn that medical expertise is a must before you consume it. It must be done as it can create hindrance to any ongoing medications or can react with them. If you don’t take it according to the prescription, it could lead to low blood sugar and blood pressure levels. It might create a fatal problem; thus, it is better to consult than being sorry.